As a member of the New Zealand blokart Assocation (NZBAI), who are members of the International blokart Racing Association, we use the international blokart sailing rules. Once you have learnt these rules, you can sail and race with confidence around the world.
Please note edition 5 rules will expire on the 31st December 2017. Please refer here for the Edition 6 rules that apply from the 1st of Jan 2018.
Once you have learnt these rules, you can sail and race with confidence around the world.
For a copy of the rules Edition 5.1 please download them from here:
IBRA Interpretations were made for 2016 worlds.
The IBRA rules edition 5 refers (rule B.1.2) to the approved accessories list.
This can be downloaded here:
ABC Ardmore Venue Race Rules
There are ABC Ardmore specific race rules when competing at our home venue that complement the above IBRA rules.
Quick Overview of Sailing Rules
Other then common sense and good sportsmanship there are 3 main rules.
- A port tack kart keeps clear of a starboard tack kart
- Kart clear astern keeps clear.
- Windward (upwind) kart keeps clear.
Electronic Timing System
The club uses an AMB electronic timing system with transponders fitted to every kart. Transponders may be purchased or hired, and can be used at Bay Blokart Club events as well as they have the same hardware. For instructions on correct fitting of the transponder.
Notes on Transponder use:
- Keep your kart at least 1m away from the loop to avoid flatening the transponder battery
- There is approximately a 4 second lock out where you tag will not be re-read. So if your over the line early – you have to be out of range of the loop for more than 4 seconds to get another read logged.
- Please make sure you have the right tag in the right place in the right kart for the right sailor! (Obvious – but some people share karts or have more than one transponder.)
- If traveling to another club, please advise them of your transponder number (XX-1234) in advance if you haven’t attended with your own transponder before.
- The electronic timing system is always right!
If your unsure about something, please ask one of our members, they are happy to help you understand the rules. Our experienced members are lenient on beginners and the club holds rules discussions regularly. With the 3 basic rules above, you can get out there and learn as you go!
- 03 Sep 20172017 Club Champs 16/17 Sept – NoR
- 28 Aug 2017Download our Event Calendar
- 18 Apr 20172017 The Great Race 100km – Muriwai Beach 20/21 May
- 26 Mar 20172017 Winter Series NoR
- 10 Jan 20172017 Post Xmas Sunday Series