Congratulations to our members who did well at the North American Blokart Sailing Champs at Ivanpah, the warm up event to the Worlds.
Ray Kelly was 1st in Production Middleweights, and Chris Pretty was 3rd in Production Super heavies.
David Heilbron was 1st in Performance Lightweights, and his daughter Natalya was 3rd by 1 point and a couple of points back was John Pavard in 4th.
Our President, Barry Cole won the Performance Middles, Torkel Stillefors was 2nd in Heavies with former member Ross Vickers in 3rd now sailing for Hong Kong.
Wayne Osborne won the Performance Super Heavies. Here is hoping they can carry their form into the worlds.
Results can be found on the blokartworlds.com site.
There has been a delay to the start of the worlds due to rain flooding the lake. Hopefully it drains quickly so the worlds can get underway.
Photo credit Steve Irby.
About the Author
- 03 Sep 20172017 Club Champs 16/17 Sept – NoR
- 28 Aug 2017Download our Event Calendar
- 18 Apr 20172017 The Great Race 100km – Muriwai Beach 20/21 May
- 26 Mar 20172017 Winter Series NoR
- 10 Jan 20172017 Post Xmas Sunday Series